As the Aldridge South East Dance Academy offers a vocational course, students complete projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations such as performances, auditions, workshop activities and the training demands of a dancer.
The course is made up of 13 units, 7 mandatory units of which 4 are externally assessed: mandatory content (67%), external assessment (42%).
The 7 mandatory units cover the following areas:
- Performance – practical exploration and application of skills and techniques, individual and group performance
- Research and analysis – research methodology, independent learning, extended writing, sourcing, idea generation, evaluating information and drawing conclusions from it
- Knowledge and skills for employment in performing arts – including self-promotion and marketing
The 6 optional units include training in three techniques from:
- Contemporary Dance Technique
- Street Dance Technique
- Jazz Dance Technique
- Tap dance Technique
- Classical Ballet technique
With further optional units covering: